Are you looking for a more modern, open office plan for your business? Bench seating and workstations can make your employees more comfortable, promote communication and sharing of ideas, and save you money!
At QualityCubicles.com, we recommend reflecting on the type of work you employees do when developing the best design for your office space. Benching systems are ideal for administrative offices, schools, technology firms, law firms, architecture and design firms, marketing firms, companies with a staff of mobile workers, and any other setting that calls for a blend of privacy and team interactivity.
One of the most important things you can do first is to find a reputable office furniture dealer to work with – one with professional designers who understand the furniture demands of different environments and will work with you to customize their products to meet the needs of your team.
For example, check out the online catalog of a company like EthoSource in Morgantown, PA that specializes in high-quality new and used office furniture and can supply you with a wide range of design ideas.
What are the Benefits of Bench Seating?
- More natural light. When cooped up inside, natural light is a desirable commodity, but most of us don’t have the luxury of having an office window. With fewer high-walled cubicles, more natural light can fill and brighten the space. Studies show that well-lit environments promote health and happiness, reduces eyestrain, increases productivity and may even decrease absenteeism.
- Lower real estate costs. Office benching systems can accommodate more people in less space, decreasing real estate costs per square foot compared to traditional panel-based workstations.
- Resource sharing. Open-plan layouts promote the shared use of resources, such as printers, copiers and fax machines. They’re also ideal if you have outside salespeople, telecommuters and other mobile workers who spend more time on the road than in the office. Give them some touchdown space to plug in and work without having to hold open empty cubicles.
- More flexibility. Many benching systems are modular and can be easily moved, modified and reconfigured as work needs change with little or no expense.
- Recent studies have shown that offices where there is a line-of-sight connection between workers are 15% more productive than their isolated cubicle counterparts. Benching workstations enable them to move around, interact with coworkers, brainstorm, and learn from each other.
If you have a sizeable staff, modern office cubicles are an excellent solution. Their flexibility in styles, colors and configurations make workspaces more user-friendly and give employees a more comfortable and healthier place to work.
Before you buy, there are some things to consider, such as size, materials, storage, ergonomics, etc. Some decisions will be based on space, the type of work you do, and your office culture.
Frame and tile cubicle systems offer clear and translucent window tiles and privacy doors for open and functional, yet private, office spaces. And offices on tight budgets can find great bargains on used cubicles and workstations.
There are a wide range of modern office bench seating systems and workstations available to suit your needs; take a look around QualityCubicles.com for resources in your area.